What is this important for my cat?
Veterinary clinics designated as Cat Friendly Practices® have proven that they take extra steps to understand your cat’s unique needs. The program is designed to:
- Help reduce stress from a visit to the veterinarian.
- Improve the quality of care provided.
- Support the veterinary team so that the entire staff has the knowledge and resources to understand cats’ distinct needs and behaviors.
The Cat Friendly Practice® program is leading the movement to make veterinary care less stressful for cats and their caregivers. This global initiative was established by the American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) and the International Society for Feline Medicine (ISFM). The Cat Friendly Practice® program is designed to elevate care for cats by reducing the stress for the cat, caregiver, and also the entire veterinary team.
In 2012, a committee of feline veterinarians from the American Association of Feline Practitioners realized that many cat caregivers are unwilling or stressed to bring their cat to the veterinarian. The solution was the Cat Friendly Practice® program.
What makes our clinic feline friendly?
- We listen to our kitty patients’ needs.
- We go slow and take out time to make the cat feel comfortable.
- We use Feliway in rooms and carriers.
- Cats have their own designated rooms and do not have to wait in the lobby.
- All cat rooms have towers for them to climb and hide in.
- We use catnip and tuna flakes generously.
- We do our best to eliminate ALL sources of fear, stress, and anxiety so your kitty has the best visit possible.
Watch Dale the Maine Coon get a check-up!
Learn what makes Whole Pet Veterinary Hospital different, from services offered to animal care and team environment. We are here to keep your pets healthy, happy, and holistic!
Ready for a visit?
Use our online app to request an appointment online in minutes.